Sunday, July 31, 2011

Tuna Noodle Casserole





























This was one of my most favorite recipes growing up! Whenever I knew it was Tuna Noodle night, I would look forward to dinner all day. Sometimes I would even skip lunch just so I wouldn't feel guilty eating seconds! Even today I love this casserole. It is a true classic and should be apart of every family's recipe book.

Ingredients:
1 cup wide egg noodles
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can milk
2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 cans chunk white tuna, drained and flaked
1 can (8 oz.) peas and carrots
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup potato chips, crushed
Paprika, to garnish

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375°. Grease a 3 quart casserole dish. Boil water and cook pasta for 6 minutes; drain. In a bowl, mix together the soups, milk, and mayonnaise; add tuna, peas and carrots, cheese, salt and pepper, and cooked egg noodles. Pour mixture into casserole dish, and top with crushed potato chips; sprinkle paprika over top. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until bubbly and chips and slightly browned.

No comments: