Thursday, July 14, 2011

Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp and Vodka Sauce


Ingredients:
8 oz. (4 servings) angel hair pasta
1 lb. shrimp, raw, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup butter
1/2 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup vodka
1 (28 oz.) cans crushed tomatoes
1 cups heavy cream
2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cup button mushrooms, quartered
1/4 cup kalamata olives, halved
Salt and pepper to taste

 

Directions:
Bring water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a pan over medium heat saut̩ onions in butter until slightly brown and soft; add garlic. Pour vodka into pan and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in crushed tomatoes, mushrooms, and olives; cook additional 30 minutes. Pour in heavy cream and cook until warmed through. Add parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste. In a separate pan, heat up small amount of olive oil; add shrimp. Cook shrimp until fully heated and opaque (3 Р5 minutes); add to sauce. Combine sauce and pasta together, top with additional parmesan cheese and enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried this last night with my family and we all loved it, I'm going to have to try the rest of your recipes to see which ones we like best.

Melissa said...

Thank you so much! I'm glad your family enjoyed it. Please let me know how you like any other recipes, and follow me so you know when I add new ones too :)