Sunday, August 19, 2012

Shrimp Foil Packets

Well... it's been a LONG time since my last post so... HELLO EVERYBODY :)  It has been a CRAZY time for me and my family since my last post.  I am in the last few weeks of my final semester of college, my husband just graduated from his army AIT training, AND we are preparing for yet another move.  Yes... we are FINALLY going to our first permanent duty station!  We are super excited about all of these wonderful happenings, but needless to say it has been insanely busy.  My blog has been neglected, so I thought it was time to share a new, delicious, and very easy recipe (that is also CKD diet friendly).  This is my rendition of shrimp foil packets.  You can easily build on this basic recipe by using different veggies or creating your own sauce... but I highly recommend trying this one because it is yummy :)  I hope you all enjoy!

Ingredients:
48 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 zucchini, thinly sliced
1 bunch asparagus, thin stems, tough ends cut off
1/2 cup orange marmalade or apricot jam
2 tbsp mustard, course ground variety
2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce

Additional items:
4 squares aluminum foil
Non-stick spray

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°.  In a small bowl, mix together marmalade, mustard, and soy sauce until well combined.  Spray each aluminum foil square with non-stick spray; layer center of each square with vegetables first, a layer of shrimp (12 per packet), and top with equal portions of sauce.  Place filled packets on a large sheet pan, and bake in heated oven for 15 – 20 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked through and vegetables are crisp tender.  Serve over rice or orzo for a complete meal!  Serves 4.

5 Weight Watchers points per serving (without rice or orzo)!

214.6 Calories | 1.5g Fat | 628.7mg Sodium | 391.7 Potassium | 31.3g Carbohydrates | 1.7g Fiber | 18.7g Protein | 140g Calcium | 440mg Phosphorus

No comments: