Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Peanut Butter Banana Doggie Treats


As many of you may know, I am a mommy.  Yep, a doggie mommy to this fluffy little one named Zuzu.  Currently I am only a mommy to this one little "furling" as I like to call her... so every once in a while I feel the need to go all out and spoil her rotten!  Well tonight I decided to do just that... by making homemade peanut butter banana dog treats :)  

I found the cutest little animal cookie cutters in the mall last weekend, and the idea was sparked.  They were so adorable I had to buy them, and I knew they would come to good use.



So tonight I finally hunkered down and made my furry baby some AWESOME doggie treats!  Somehow she even knew while I was making them for her.  Normally she steers clear of the kitchen, but tonight she was underfoot the entire time.  And after seeing how these turned out I can see why!


Peanut Butter Banana Doggie Treats

Ingredients:
1 egg
1 banana, mashed
1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
1 tbsp honey
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup old fashioned oats

Directions:
Preheat oven to 300°.  In a large mixing bowl, beat together egg, banana, peanut butter, and honey.  Once well combined, slowly beat in flour adding small amounts at a time; beat until completely incorporated.  Fold in the oats until well combined.  On a well floured surface, roll dough out until it measures about 1/4” thick; cut out cookie shapes using cookie cutters.  Before baking, use a fork to make small holes in each treat.  Bake in oven on a greased cookie sheet for 20 – 30 minutes or until treats are hardened (depends on size of treats).  Let cool completely before letting the furry ones enjoy!  Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator.  These can also be stored in the freezer and thawed when ready to be enjoyed!

Makes about 3 dozen (depending on size).

No comments: